Last updated: 11 May 2021
In the course of carrying out our activities, including providing our goods and services, INBED STORE PTY LTD LIMITED (ACN 606 519 251) and our subsidiaries and related bodies corporate (together, we, us or our), will collect, store, use and disclose personal information. We are committed to the protection of your personal information and to compliance with Australian privacy law.
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified or reasonably identifiable individual, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
Types of personal information we collect and hold
We collect and hold personal information about individuals for the provision of our goods and services and purposes connected to those goods and services.
Consistent with the provision of our goods and services, the types of personal information we may collect, and hold, includes the following.
- Identity and contact details – including individuals’ full name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address and other identifying and contact information.
- Payment details – if individuals purchase goods and/or services from us, personal information that may be connected to your payment card details (please note, however, that payment transactions are processed by a third party payments processor, so we will not retain any payment card details).
- Account data – if individuals create an account with us, profile information, usernames, passwords, preference data, and related information.
- Other information – text of written and oral communications gathered during our interaction with you, including where you post or comment within our platforms and/or otherwise interact on live-chat, social media and emails, including feedback and online reviews and other information from your interactions with us online, including cookie information, IP address, URL’s, search histories, surveys, questionnaires and other associated information.
How we collect and hold personal information
We may collect personal information directly from you while providing our goods and services, from our applications, websites, and other online platforms, including using cookies (data files placed on your device or computer).
Personal information is held securely, is subject to various security protections and is held only for as long as the information remains relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
Purposes for which we hold, use and disclose personal information
We will not use or disclose personal information for any secondary purpose, unless that secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information, and you would reasonably expect the disclosure in the circumstances, or unless you consent to that use or disclosure.
If your personal information is not collected by us, we may not be able to provide our platforms and services to you.
The purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose information may include:
- conducting our business, which includes providing our goods and services, or the services of a third party, to you;
- (where you have consented, if such consent is required by law) to:
- communicate information about our goods and services or third party products or services that may be of interest to you; and
- provide you with information or advertising relating to our goods or services (including serving and targeting advertisements) or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you;
- to improve and optimise our services and platforms;
- for our internal administrative, research, planning, marketing and product development purposes; and
- to comply with legal obligations.
We may also disclose personal information to our parent companies and other affiliates and related bodies corporate, as well as third party technology and marketing partners.
Retention, access and correction
We will only retain records of your personal information to the extent they are still necessary for the purposes for which such personal information was collected.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal data we collect, use or disclose is up to date and accurate. If you believe personal information that we hold about you is not up to date or accurate, you may ask us to correct it.
You may ask us to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that information. We will respond to your request and attempt to provide you with the data within 30 days of receipt of your request.
If we provide you with copies of the information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
Please direct all request for access and correction to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you consider a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) has occurred, you may direct your query to our Privacy Officer using the details set out below and we will attempt to resolve your complaint.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website www.oaic.giv.au or by telephone on 1300 363 992.